What is a Sportive?
Sportives are mass participation personal challenge rides that allow you to test your level of fitness and cycling skills without the hassle of having to plan a route yourself. Routes usually range from 50 to 100+ miles, and with events running nearly every weekend the choices are wide and varied. Flat and fast, scenic, hilly and challenging you choose.
Sportives are a really great way to take your cycling to the next level, take part in led large group rides, go on weekend rides with friends or simply looking for an opportunity to get out on the bike where all you have to worry about it turning up.
Some key features of a sportive are:
- Pre event entry is available for most sportives. This allows you to really plan and train for the event. You will receive communcations from the event organiser in planty of time before the big day
- Designated start and finish locations, with plenty of support, food and drink stops along the way
- You can choose from classic and scenic routes across the country, allowing you to discover and enjoy roads you never knew existed
- Fully signed posted route, taking away the worry of planning and navigating your way around a route yourself.
- Choose from multiple distances, allowing you to pick based on what you want to do.
- Test yourself against the clock. The majority of sportives offer chip timing so you can see how long it has taken to complete a certain route. This helps if you are using sportives as a training aid for another upcoming goal or event.
- Medals, goody bags and certificates are often given out upon completion for you to show friends and family you took on and completed the challenge!
For more information contact: email@example.com